Thursday, June 7

Books and movie

Suddenly in the mood of blogging,and thats a good thing!
That means I'll have more updated posts (not sure if people would read it anyway pfft)

Anyway,been filling in my time with some reading this week.
Borrowed three books from Ching,just trying to spend some time indulging myself into
 those oh-so heart warming novels.

So the first one I read was 
Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold.
 Reallly good book!
For once its not so much about romance and all,in fact its sort of a family affair kinda thing.Well I did teared up at some parts and all,but hey!that shows how moving the story line is :)

Then a friend told me that there was a movie based on this novel,so I decided to download it.
Well,didnt expect much from it considering that almost all based-on-novel-movies are never better than the original book.The movie was just OH-KAY.You know..stories cut short and not much of an emotional drive there.haha.

The second one was 
Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks.
We all know how touching his novels are.I think almost everyone would like to have a Nicholas Sparks romance in their life.hehe.Again,teared up only a little here,surprisingly.I usually cry to all the movies that were based on his novel.
and I heard that the movie is coming soon,so..cant wait! :D

The third book was ..
I Miss Mummy by Cathy Glass
The lovely thing about Cathy Glass's books is that they're all based on true stories.
She tells people about the stories of the children she fostered.I really admire her work,taking care of her own children but also making time to foster the kids in need.Stories about abandoned kids,and not-well-to-do families really makes you aprreciate what you have right now.Does anyone of you have her other books besides this and The Saddest Girl In The World?Cause I would LOVE to read them :)

Lastly,downloaded the movie that sis told me about.
Temple Grandin.
Played by Claire Dane.
You guys should really watch this movie too!Such an inspiring story about a real life person who has autism and how she deals with it.In real life,Temple was a pure genius even with her condition.I've heard so much about autism kids,about how different are they from people and some also say that they have natural musical talent.Which I believe its true,considering that I know a junior who is autistic.Temple invented the squeeze box which is now probably used by autistic kids.Since these kids cant let others touch them,they need to be hug.So whenever they feel tensed up or so,they would go into the squeeze box and sort of,hugged themself?Anyway,its too long to explain here.maybe you should really watch it,although some parts are kinda boring.But really,an inspiring movie :)

So thats it!
That was how I spent this whole week.The weekend is about to come..
sooo..Darren's birthday and SMI campire this saturday.Not too sure whether to attend it yet,but maybe a little while wouldnt harm,eh?

ta-tah!

No comments:

Post a Comment