Saturday, June 16

First attempt

So recently,Yee Laine just came back from Singapore.
So glad to finally meet her again,definitely miss all her craziness and her funny jokes.
Went for a catching up session at Old Town White Coffee with her and daphne.heheh.Daphne said that she looked thinner but she still looks the same to me somehow.

It was nice catching up with the both of them.Just some good ol time talking about almost anything to have a laugh about.heheh.

Since initially I was planning to do some baking,invited the both of them on Friday to bake together.
Was at first clueless of what should I make this time.Kinda bored of making the same chocolate cupcakes (though its nice).Then I had this thought of trying out to make bomb alaska.Have you guys tried it?Remember how I love LOVE the one my aunt make.With the flames and big chunk of ice-cream in it,its gonna be the best cake ever!

Heheh.anyways,Daphne and I remembered how we used to love eating this Chocolate lava cake from Coffee Bean.oooh the molten chocolate in the middle!
All thanks to Siti who tweeted us the youtube tutorial of how to make the molten chocolate lava cake,we decided we should try it.Somehow the video looks simple and at least,understandable :) If you guys want to know which tutorial video that I learn from,just ask me!It really is simple.

So making this cake can be reaalllyyy tricky.
If it doesnt melt in the middle,then it would be quite a failure.I remember once sis tried to make it but she did not succeed because the chocolate wasnt molten in the middle.

At the early stage,we followed what was shown in the tutorial.
We were at first pretty worried that it wouldnt work out and pause at a moment because somehow our batter wasnt as smooth as the one in the video.Called supermum (my mommy) for some advice.She thinks that we should just carry on and see how it will turn out later.Did as told,and yes!
It got much better and smoother in the end :)

Put it into the oven after all the transfering and so.
the moment of truth!When it was suppose to be done withing 10 minutes,ours just doesnt looks cooked even after that time.So we decided to leave in it for another addition 3 minutes.Still..after that,it looked funny.Anyways,daphne suggested that we should take one out and see how it turns out.
OKAYYY we turned it over and that moment we sorta screamed/drooled!
Thats cause we can finally see the molten chocolate in the middle!
 WAIT..let me show you here..


 As excited as we were,we still know that it wouldnt be successful if it doesnt flow out in the middle,
soo..I took a knife and part out in the middle.


Then we both screamed when we saw the flow.
YES YES YES!hahaha.so much for the first attempt in making these.We even tasted it and it tastes just like the one in Coffee Bean.bwahahaha so happy!


Went grocery shopping with sis yesterday.
Bought a new pair of shoes from Vincci and there are like sales everywhere!!
Anyway,sis reminded me that its time to get stuffs for college.
Yeap..2 more weeks and college life is about to approach me!

So whats with me and the colour blue these days?
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment