Sunday, June 17

Father's Day

First of all,
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all the awesome dads out there :D

Had a great time yesterday night when all the childhood families came over for dinner.Remember we had nasi lemak the week before?This week is about chicken rice!This time,it was held at my house and mum has to cook the chicken and all.About 4 families were involved.Regine's mum brought over some siu yuk and duck to add in.We had some other dishes too,vegetables brought by aunt Penny and some other stuffs.

That evening,I suddenly remembered regine asking me to accompany her to get a father's day present for her daddy.Well I did not intend to get anything for my dad because knowing him,he just wont appreciate all these.hahaha. Then suddenly gine and I came out with the same idea at the same time.Why not lets buy a cake and share out among the young ones since we can have a joint celebration? :))
Told sis about the idea and she told me to get the cake from this Japanese bakery in Bercham.Seriously,I have no idea where is the place.Anyway,Darren drove me out and we found this tiny little bakery which has a japanese name.The cakes looks divine in there.Never really tried the cakes before.
Darren and I were a little fickle at first,then the lady there told us about this bamboo charcoal cake.To me,the name is pretty unique and its not like those typical chocolate/cheese/fruit cakes.So we decided to get that one.The good thing is..the cake was made for father's day celebration and it has a tiny flag on top which says "I *heart* dad" perfect!and oh,it's also a less-sugar cake.How appropriate :)
From Purple Moon Valley

The first who arrived was regine and her parents.Then sis and bro-in-law came.Bro-in-law offered to buy some drinks to be served so gine and I followed him out to Tesco to get some drinks :)
When we got back,everyone was there already.So we started off our dinner.The food was great!Though the siu yuk and stuffs are like superrr fattening (sounding like annoying facebook girl)

After dinner,the three of us chilled out in my room.
We were probably too full that we just lay down on my bed and each of us playing with our phones.tsk tsk tsk.How smart phones these days spoiled us!hahaha.and oh,some lazy camwhoring sessions too.

After all a while,we then took out the cake for our dads.
Some were busy playing mahjong and we forced them to pause their game just for a short photography session.hahaha.We even took some solo family pictures,here it goes :)

 Darren's

 Peggy's
 
 Regine's

 Mine
(p.s. can you see my dog smiling?LOL)
 
And all the men! :)


The cake was okay.Taste more like a fruitcake and sadly it doesnt have the uniqueness like it's name.But good thing is..its not too sweet but just right!heheh.The adults go back to their mahjong and us kids went back to my room to play.hahaha.Regine and I did some pore strips mask..just for fun ? :)


Regine even braided my hair for me.
Seriously,I have no talent at all in all these.Just two months ago I learnt how to braid my own hair,you know those normal little girl braids.Not like any fancy ones.Regine tried to teach me but I totally gave up because all I heard she say was "first you braid like normal,then braid braid braid.then add on.then braid.then add on....etc etc etc" sounds so confusing.LOL.
Anyway,she's reaaaalyyyy good in this.You should see this!


I really like this one.simple and light :)


Fishtail braid


 Front braid :3



 Hehehe.
Gonna miss days like these when college starts ://

No comments:

Post a Comment